SA Baxter is seeking a Social Media/Marketing Intern who will report to the Marketing and PR Manager. This position will assist with all our social media efforts and will learn the ins and outs of our business. This internship is unpaid but a travel stipend is offered. You must be available to work from our midtown east office 2/3 days a week. We are willing to work with your school to arrange for credit if applicable. The dates are flexible, ideally we are looking for a candidate that can begin in late March and continue through the summer.
Interns must have experience with social media preferably on a business level and must be able to think about social media strategically. Interns will be looked upon to collaborate on our social media plan and facilitate the execution, with proper guidance.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Updating and creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Interior Design/Architecture knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to: