SA Baxter is seeking a Social Media/Marketing Intern who will report to the Director of Marketing. This position will assist with all our social media efforts and will learn the ins and outs of our business. This a paid internship and we will work with your school to arrange for credit. You must be available to work from our midtown east office 2/3 days a week.
Interns must have experience with social media preferably on a business level and must be able to think about social media strategically. Interns will be looked upon to collaborate on our social media plan and facilitate the execution, with proper guidance.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
- Updating profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Update and manage email lists for marketing purposes
- Create marketing materials such as email campaigns, postcards, mailers, etc.
Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Interior Design/Architecture knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing: Hardware@www.sabaxter.com